Saturday, January 18, 2014

Blueberry Scones

tumblr_mzm1yxgDbG1qehkz3o1_1280

I did not put in the lemon zest and instead of cream, I used whole milk, but the scones turned out decently even so. A few of the comments on the recipe post noted that the scones aren’t sweet enough. In my opinion, this is not an issue, but keep in mind that if you do like them sweet and you’d like to use this recipe, more sugar should be added. I don’t think my scones were too rough and hard, they seem to be pretty moist and flaky but I’m not a scone expert so I could be wrong. However, I do believe these creations were a success and I am quite proud that they turned out so well. These also go incredibly with milk.
Ingredients: 2 cups flower, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into pieces the size of peas), 1 1/2 cups blueberries, 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, 1/3 cup heavy cream, 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Put in the cut up butter and distribute it evenly. Cover the butter with the flour mixture. Stir in blueberries and zest.
3. Whisk together cream and egg in another bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture. Stir lightly with fork little pieces of dry ingredient mixture in order to allow the dough to come together slowly. Knead it a few times for good measure.
4. Pat the dough into a square and cut it into four smaller squares. Then cut those squares diagonally to make eight triangles. Put the dough on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 20-22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment