This came out well in my opinion. I’m definitely very proud at how much I’ve progressed. The only issue with this one is that I think it came out a bit too sweet, but that may be because I used regular sugar instead of icing (confectioner’s ?) sugar for the lemon topping. I would highly recommend making this though because it’s relatively easy to do so and it also goes incredibly with milk.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter (soft)*, 2/3 cups sugar, 2 eggs, 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2/3 cups milk, 1 cup blueberries
For the topping: 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1/2 cup icing sugar
0. Preheat oven to 374 degrees F.
1. Cream the soft butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix in the eggs.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. Mix the flour mixture and milk into the butter/sugar mixture.
5. Mix in the blueberries.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased pan.
7. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
8. While the cake is baking, for the topping, mix the lemon juice and rind with the icing sugar.
9. Pour the topping onto the cake.
10. For added sweetness, sprinkle additional sugar onto the cake and place it under the broiler until the sugar bubbles, about 2 minutes.
* I actually mostly melted the butter. I don’t think it makes much of a difference.
Edit: It makes a ton of difference. When it says soft, don’t melt it!