Sunday, November 10, 2013

Strawberry Muffins

tumblr_mw2h1yHT6i1qehkz3o1_500

I had three eggs left so I disposed of them in the following fashion: 9 strawberry muffins (there are only eight in this picture because I ate one)...

They turned out to be good, and pretty. (My food never really looks all that pretty but that's okay).

Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Muffins/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Ingredients: 1/4 cup canola oil*, 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 cup chopped strawberries
(makes 8 muffins)*
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine oil, milk, and egg in one bowl. Beat lightly. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir in chopped strawberries and coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
3. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans.
* Instead of canola oil, I used vegetable oil. Is there a difference? If so, I don’t think it’s very discernible.
* I made nine instead of eight muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment