Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pasta with Egg, Parmesan Cheese, Pepper, and Marinara Sauce

tumblr_mve3l3mGY01qehkz3o1_500

tumblr_mve3l3mGY01qehkz3o2_250

tumblr_mve3l3mGY01qehkz3o3_250

I saw my father first make this eggy pasta last summer and I fell in love with it. I’m not kidding. It’s incredible. Of course, he put a lot more spices than I did (I only have pepper and salt) and he probably did a better job, but my pasta didn’t turn out too shabby. I decided to try to make it but the first time, I panicked even though I was on the right track. My second attempt, I remembered to add oil (I make very stupid mistakes, please remember that I haven’t been on this cooking path too long) and I was a bit more patient and it turned out pretty good. Very proud of myself, and an addition to the ‘will do again’ cooking list.
Fail cooking story: I was putting a Tony’s pizza in the oven, the cheap frozen kind (that are oh so addicting) and somebody had to tell me that usually, you put in the pizza without the plastic wrap…I had no idea…
So basically what you have to do with this one is make the pasta (boil water, put pasta in, stir occasionally for 7-10 minutes) and then pour it back in the pot (put oil at the bottom!!), turn up the heat, crack a few eggs in there, and wait until it looks like the eggs are scrambly shredded through the pasta. It shouldn’t take too long. Then put toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment